Everyone has something they’re good at. Whether you’re providing a particular product or service, starting a new business, or building a personal brand, you are selling your unique expertise to potential future clients. These various fields all have something in common: The need to connect with your audience.
As a business owner, effective communication with your clientele is paramount. Content—whether on your website, social media platforms, or print media—is the substance that shows your clients what you’re made of. What can you offer them? What makes you the ideal choice over your competitors? What is your vision? The answers to these questions should be present in your messaging.
Copywriting: What it is and why it is useful
You have a vision. You have the skills. You have a workable plan. In other words, you have a story. What is your story? Do you know what it is or how to express it? Who is your intended audience? You might be surprised at how many organizations struggle with this. They have great ideas and/or a great product, but are not the best at sculpting their ideas into powerful, effective messaging. This is where copywriting skills come in.
A good copywriter can assist your business with:
- Creation. Producing and managing targeted content for your web-based platforms.
- Clarity. Synthesizing ideas and concepts, rendering them into coherent, tangible words and sentences, in order to more effectively channel your message.
- Consistency. Establishing message congruency by eliminating conflicting or contradictory information.
Hiring a copywriter can help get your messaging off the ground and moving forward so you are connecting to your audience!
Why is a good copy editor good for business?
Maybe you’ve already figured out your messaging. You know what you want to say and how you want to say it. Your messaging will be posted on your website, social media sites, print media, signs, advertisements, etc. Spreading your message is an important and often costly step in marketing your business. You’ll want to make sure it is done right the first time. You could benefit from a good copy editor and here’s why:
- Conciseness. The more direct your message is, the easier you will connect to your audience.
- Credibility. Misspelled words, improper grammar, and punctuation errors are simple mistakes that, upon first glance, can lower your credibility with potential clients.
- Craft. A good copy editor can sharpen your content so your unique story is told with style and pizazz. Powerful sentences and well-placed words will leave a lasting impression on your customers.
Can you spot what’s wrong with this paragraph?
“To many times people fall too use spellcheck. Their not paying attention two proper words usage. Grammer can be tricky, especially when dealing with passed and present tense. We all learn the basics back in school, right? But good grammar isn’t everyones fortay.”
Sometimes you need to bring in an extra set of I’s, or is it eyes?
A good copy editor can help your business avoid embarrassing grammatical mistakes, hone your messaging, and empower you to present the best showing to your customers!
Putting it all Together
Whether or not you realize it, you have a particular story to tell. It is what will ultimately resonate with your audience, customers, or stakeholders. People love a good story. If your constituents can see the humanity behind your product or service, they will want to connect with it. This is where I come in.
- I incorporate a methodology that merges the disciplines of copywriting, copy editing, and creative imagery to help bring out your story.
- I will work with and for you in various creative capacities at whatever level you need assistance. No project is too big or too small!
- I am professional and experienced. I always keep the end result in focus and work to serve my client. It’s all about you!
Everyone has a story. Let me help you tell yours.